The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Q45 throttle body question

89Mirageman

I grabbed a TB from a 93 Q45 with the VH45DE engine yesterday. The thing is, it looks a little different than other Q45 TB's that I've seen. A buddy of mine mentioned that it may have came from a car with traction control as they are different which I'm assuming is what I have. Question is, can it still fit on the 4G63, with the correct intake manifold of course? I was going to try to sell it but didn't want to mislead anyone. Here are some pics. Any help is greatly appreciated.

G

Staff member
What year is the correct one from?

Last edited:

89Mirageman

My understanding is that any 90-96 will work, this one is from a 93. I looked at some pics on cardomain and some look like this and some don't have the elbow on the front.

Last edited:

1qkfwd

That wont do us mitsu guys any good. We use the ones without traction control.

Street Surgeon

IIRC the traction control models have two throttle plates, but it might be that huge motor on the side? To answer your question though my Q45 throttlebody doesn't have an elbow like that or 50lbs of electronics stuck to it.

89Mirageman

Thanks for the update guys, thats kinda what I figured. I ended up getting like $35 for it on ebay just to get rid of it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts