The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need help

vr4play

So I am ready to set this car on fire. I put it away at the end of the year last year and had no problems. I brought it back out this year and I noticed the o2 housing was broken. Did that getting it in the garage. Installed a new one with a Tial mv38 external wastegate and I started to notice a slight hesitation at 2000 rpm. Now I have a big hesitation and can't figure it out. I thought originally it was the fuel filter so on with a new golan fuel filter, and new 255 hp pump. Problem still there. Loging showed nothing abnormal so I decided to swap maf sensors. I am using a gm maf with MAFT. Problem still there. Swapped out the CAS from a know good car and still there. Went out and tried retuning the car and nothing. I thought maybe the translator was going bad so I unplugged it and drove the car. Problem unchanged. I am pulling my hair out. The logs from dsmlink look good. It goes super lean when it stumbles but injector duty cycle stays the same. I was supposed to autox tomorrow but not if I can't get it fixed.

SouthCaliVR4

After storage I had a major water in fuel issue, if pulse width stays consistent & your seeing a lean condition you may have something similar.

vr4play

I have been been through 2 tanks of fuel and I used a stabilizer when I parked it. I didn't notice anything floating in the tank when I had the pump out either. Thanks for the reply though.

ktmrider

Go back to any recent changes, the O2 housing.

Maybe the sensor was damaged with housing or when swapping? Log of the output might help and/or if it only acts up when warm ( closed loop ).

vr4play

So it turns out that my problem was not with my injectors it just ran better because it was super rich. Once I dialed in the injectors the problem came back. So far I have replaced the Maf sensor, CAS sensor, coil pack, ignitor, spark plugs, injectors, 02 sensor, ECU, fuel pump, fuel filter and switched to SD via ecmlink V3. I pulled the wiring harness out of the car and ohm tested all of the wires. I didn't find any problems with the wiring so I am stumped. I pulled the valve cover and all of the rockers look good and compression is 180 across the board on a cold motor. The car screams from 3000 to the limiter but falls on its face at 2400. It acts like someone turned off the fuel pump. In the logs the only thing I notice is that all of the logged values get kind of squiggly but I figured it was because the car was jerking so bad. I may try stealing the harness from the other car just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned