The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just got #14 running but it is far from normal Help please, I have a video link

Hey guys some of you may have saw the first startup vid i just did yesterday and i thought everything was good and dandy maybe just some longer duration cams that were installed by the p.o. but im comming to realize that is not the issue. i recorded it idleing. here is the video click

Side note, I put new ngk plugs in with new oem fuel filter with no results. also tryed unplugging the MAF and had no significant results. I just ordered a new adjustable fuel pressure regulator with a gauge on it and im planning on swapping in a different MAF all together to see if i get any progress.

when i try and blip the throttle a bit it just wants to die then when i release the throttle it reacts to it a little bit and moves the rpm up.

To make things easier for everyone i will do in depth videos of the changes/new parts and the difference they make. also if someone has an idea of what the issue is but needs me to do somthing and wants to see it react just say so and ill make a vid.

Thanks guys, happy moding

Last edited by a moderator:

i have 14/1000 :] just thought id drop that in lol my car is just a shell so I cant help sorry

dsmtalontsi95

sounds like boost leak or maf problem. Leaning toward maf. If you where closer I'ld lend you one just to check it. Good luck man.

broxma

Timing. It's too "lopey" for me to think vacuum leak. Sounds like it's off in relation to the crank.

/brox

TSimage

When I had my ECU chipped for a GM/1gMaft and went to a 2G Mas it sounded just like this. I thought I had fubar'd my 1by1 ARP stud install but once I changed the chip it ran like a champ.

I'm leaning towards maf issues as well.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting broxma:
also tryed unplugging the MAF and had no significant results

I would think this would eliminate the MAF questions myself. The car should be able to run in limp mode if all of the other components are meant to work together, maybe I'm wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned