The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

high impedence injectors on low impedence ECU....

does it work. i searched the internet and it says its ok. i'm no tech so i was wondering if any of you guys might know.
Got a set of 1000cc injectors but i think they may be high impedance.
if anyone knows please chime in.
thx

speedyvr4

grab a voltage tester, set it to measure resistance(ohms), and measure the resistance of the injectors.make sure the resistance of your new injectors is the same as the one of your old injectors. I'm pretty sure we use low resistance injectors. If you put high impedance injectors on a low impeadance ecu. It will fry your ecu.

1941Galant

I imagine it should be pretty straight forward to remove the injector resistor box if you end up going with high impedance injectors.

stevep

Quoting speedyvr4:
If you put high impedance injectors on a low impeadance ecu. It will fry your ecu.

Nope.
Keep in mind that the ECU injector drivers are pretty much the same between the turbo and non-turbo ECUs. (Some different part values in the snubber circuit but same driver transistors) The ECU is using a saturated injector driver, not peak and hold driver.

The non-turbo cars run high impedance injectors without the ballast injector resistor pack used on the turbo cars. And the turbo cars run low impedance injectors with the injector resistor pack. If you run high impedance injectors on a turbo car you need to remove the resistor pack and make a connector to distribute the power to the injectors. If you try and run low impedance injectors on the non-turbo cars or on a turbo car without the injector resistor pack you can damage the ECU from too much current draw, not the other way around that you said.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts