The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Boost leak tester

Is this a good place to test the throttle body for leaks and if so how much psi can be entered without damaging
the seals in the TB. I figured on putting it over the turbo inlet and running 10-15psi there instead what do you think
Engine pics courtesy of bazeng pics lol

Im not terribly experienced with boost leak testing, but it would seem to me that you could test it up to the boost level you will be running on the car. If that blows the seals then you would have had a problem later anyway...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The turbo is the "normal" place to do it, but I don't see any problems with the placement there.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Put it where you need to to test what you want to test. If you are just testing the intake manifold and tb, then that location is fine. If you are testing the whole turbo tract, then do it at the turbo intake.

Thanks for clearing that would you run the same amount of pressure
at the tb as you would at the turbo inlet though was what i was asking?
I dont want to blow out any seals in the tb plan to do 15-20 psi test
at the turbo inlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned