The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quarter Master users - a worthy upgrade

4thStroke

Long story short, I ended up ordering the new(ish) revised Quarter Master clutch discs from TMZ Performance. click

I was pretty skeptical about the claims about how it drives. It's still a twin disc with unsprung 6 pucks. How could it get better? I was concerned about the splines and wanted to get my car back on the road for a while before I would have to pull the tranny again.

The car drives much more like a single disc clutch. Very, very little chirping on downshifts. Almost no chatter. The engagement is a lot smoother. Basically everything we hated about the twin is suppressed by a large margin. Harmonics on decel are still there and very noticeable, but even that is a little easier to deal with. I can now cruise and not get the harmonics like I did before.

I'm still using the 1g slave without the accumulator.

It costs $450 vs $275 for the standard discs that are more prone to spline failure, cracking, and all the other drawbacks we love to hate. I suspect we'll get a lot more life out of these discs as well since the discs can now wear all the way down instead of wearing until there is hub interference.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts