The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Old HKS Electronic Boost Gauge wiring diagram

fuel

Hey guys I've got an older HKS Electronic Boost Gauge sitting around here which I pulled from a previous car of mine a while back, which I want to fit into my Galant GT - trouble is I can't remember which wires were connected to which on the car I pulled it from.

On the back of the gauge itself it has two sockets, one plug goes to the boost sensor and has three wires (pink yellow and white) but on that same loom are three other wires (green, grey and brown) which I have no clue what they go to.

On the other plug is four wires, black which I'm assuming goes to earth, red which is constant power, and yellow and orange which one must be illumination feed and the other could be +IGN feed, but I don't see why you would need a separate power feed for constant battery and +IGN.

I've tried google searching and there's plenty of other people asking the same question but no answers at all from what I could see.

Cheers

*edit* it's been pointed out to me that the gauge is a peak and hold type which is why it would need constant battery power, so am just wanting to know what the other three wires (green grey and brown) on the same plug as the boost sensor loom do.

Last edited:

curtis

We'll I would say send HKS an email but they have no clue, I have two of the old cdi boxes that are period correct and I want to use one but can't seem to find out what wires to what. I tried numerious emails and calls and get we never build one like that to we don't support older units. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

RedTwo

I've got a Greddy boost gauge and a HKS EGT and oil pressure gauge, all of which are peak and hold, probably from the same period (doesn't have the fancy HKS logo on them). I don't have my car for the next couple of days so I can't do much at the moment :/

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned