The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g and gvr4 throttle cable?

MellowVR4

im wondering if the throttle cableon a 1g with cruise control is the same as a gvr4 with cruise. just wondering because the gvr4's one looks to be more further apart then 1g's

MellowVR4

you think so?, not sure cause mine is failing and wanna know if i should just go to a junk yard and get one out of a talon or something, or do i have to take it off of another galant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

TylerAdamson

I've got my stock throttle cables at home in the garage. I swapped over to a non-cruise set up. PM me if you want it.

524of1000

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Last edited:

524of1000

wait... I was gonna say that... nevermind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

TurboTrader

I swapped my cables, when I did actually have cruise with the cables from a '94 N/T Eclipse GS, and compared them, both were identical, both the one to the cruise box and the one to the throttle body.

I later swapped it with a non-cruise throttle cable, and that worked just fine as well. The cruise control box is obviously different. I kind of miss my cruise control, but it sucked anyway.

MellowVR4

nice, well thnx everyone for all your help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned