The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Major vibration on deceleration

dmj

My car just devoloped a major vibration as soon as i get of the gas or slowing down. the drive shaft was rebuilt less than 3000 miles ago all new oem carrier bearings , u joints and bolt shims. I have no vibrations on acceleration or highway speeds , hell I did a pull to 105 mph this morning to check for vibrations on hard acceleration and nothing.what should I be looking for other than loose bolts or a damaged u joint? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

belize1334

This is a fairly common symptom and while there are many suggested fixes there has yet to be a solid diagnosis of the problem. Do so searching either here or on any of the larger DSM forums and you'll see that it comes up alot. CP had an extensive thread on this for his Road-Racing car. I've swapped transmissions, transfer-cases, and rear-differentials in an attempt to fix mine... all to no avail.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned