The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

turbo rebuild

vegeta1170

I've done the search but could not find anything. I have a Garrett ball bearing turbo that has a good amount of shaft play and want to get it rebuilt. I've checked a couple places here in Utah and they said that ball bearing turbos can't be rebuilt. Is this correct? I hope not because I would like to run this turbo. If it is possible to rebuild it can you give me some names of places that can do it? Thanks -James

381gvr4

You need a new center section, CHRA. Get the part number of the plaque on your center section and google it! My 30r chra goes for $800 from Garrett.....

GVR-4

I understand that it is correct; the Garrett ball bearing turbos cannot be rebuilt. The bearings in those turbos are the most expensive part.

vegeta1170

Ok, cool, Thanks for the input. I will check to see how much the center section is.
-James

chrisb33

get in touch with justin at the tuners. he's one of the (if not the best) turbo rebuilder out there. ive had my holset hx35 rebuilt and it came back to me like new.

he's got lots of experience with garrets too. im planning to send him my garret as well.

[email protected]

tell him i sent you.

chris b

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts