The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

unpluging mas air wires

OK so today I was taking of my intake side to check my turbo for shaft play and I unpluged my mas air wires. after I reinstalled everything I tryed to start my car...It didnt start? It started before I unpluged my mas wires. my question is do I have to disconect my positive wire from the battery and let the computer reset or what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Damn 409/2000 lol

IDK then it isnt starting lol I ran it all the way back from work like 35 miles and shut it off unpluged the maf and it wont start now lol.

Terry Posten

There is a large wiring harness plug right below where the stock airbox is/was. It is on top of the framerail. That can come loose and the car will not even crank.

Make sure that harness is plugged in.

Well I took the intake pipe off of the car and I think the turbo is bad. There is alot of shaft play in it. I know alittle is good but this thing moves all over. I would love to get a fp3065 but the funds for such a turbo are limited at the moment. I know I want to go with a new turbo but cant decide what to get. I was thinking of a evo3 16g...But I found this DSM 18G-6SL2 Turbocharger. Anyone running this turbo? I like it because its alittle bigger and still boosts up at lower rpm's. What does a evo 3 16g turbo make full boost at? Like 2500rpm or 3k?

Quoting 409GRV4:
OK so today I was taking of my intake side to check my turbo for shaft play and I unpluged my mas air wires. after I reinstalled everything I tryed to start my car...It didnt start? It started before I unpluged my mas wires. my question is do I have to disconect my positive wire from the battery and let the computer reset or what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Damn 409/2000 lol

First of all you should be disconnecting your negative terminal, not the positive.

Second, in my experience the car will start without the MAF even pluged in.....it just wont rev over like 3 grand. I have driven my car like 4 miles with a completely blown MAF. Is it trying to start, but just won't turn over?

Ya it trys to start but wont turn over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

This probably doesnt need to be said, but I would be 100% sure it is plugged in 100% of the way, check the wiring harness to it, etc first. Do you have a maf conversion to 2g or are you on the stocker? Those things are really hard to get in all the way sometimes.

If the wiring and such looks fine start doing normal no start tests...... check that you are getting electricity through all of your ignition wires, be sure the plugs look fine, be sure there is fuel pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned