The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g trans swap question

So the trans is in my Galant. I am using the bracket for the shift cables from the 2g trans because with the GVR4 one cable will not go on to the pin due to alignment. Length is there but its some how kinked. I found that both cables were adjustable but one works so I left it. I adjusted the other and it seems to work. But any info on this would be great. A little too much back draw with side to side, if I take this out I loose distance forward.

Should I be using the 1g bracket?

Could I just swap the arm on the transmission? If so how?

What i have heard is that the arms on the tranny are the same between 1 and 2 G's, but if you are going to switch the cables then you have to switch the shifter in the car as well. The distance the 1 G shifter moves in the car is not enough to move the 2 G cable far enough in both directions. I have never messed with this stuff so thats just hear-say. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts