The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AC Problem

Got a complete ac fan a few days ago to replace my non working fan. Before doing anything else I wanted to test the new fan to makes sure I didn't have to remove and install twice. Disconnected the ac fan harness left hand side of radiator I believe and plugged it into the new fan turned ac on and nothing fan does not spin. Since I got the fan from a member here I was confident that the problem wasn't the fan. So I connected the new fan to a jump pack and the fan came on. I checked the all the fuses and relays in the fuse box under the engine bay all were ok. The only thing I couldn't verify were those damn big ugly relays but they get hot and click when the ac is on so I presume they are working. Is there anyway to check these to make sure they are working? What am I missing here the ac works the fan just does not come on?
Thanks.

ktmrider

So does the AC work but the aux fan does not come on?
BTW the aux/AC fan is the RH one when looking from the front of the car ( or drivers side ). Wasn't sure by your description below.
Yes the relay(s) could be bad, so could the sensors on the t-stat housing:

img.php

Yes the ac does come on but the fan does not come on. Yes I am referring to the one in front of car on the driver side. Seller assured me fan was in full working order guess I will have to find a way to check the relays and the tstat housing...

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting ktmrider:
So does the AC work but the aux fan does not come on?
BTW the aux/AC fan is the RH one when looking from the front of the car ( or drivers side ). Wasn't sure by your description below.
Yes the relay(s) could be bad, so could the sensors on the t-stat housing:

img.php

So I guess I should start with the sensors. How do I test the relay though and are you
talking about the relay on the fan itself or the relays under hood in the fuse box?

MMCVR4

Once you test the switches/sensors, check the Auto Comp Controller, located behind the glovebox. click

Ok thanks so how can I test the switches or do I just change them all out voltmeter????

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts