The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HUGE COUNTS OF KNOCK! please help!

Ok so I was driving on a pretty hot day about 2 weeks ago, and I am crusing at about 40 in 3rd gear. and I go to give it some gas and bam! The car has no power and my stock boost gauge (knock gauge with my keydiver chip) climbs all the way to to top of the gauge! So I got off the gas and downshifted to 2nd gear and gave it some gas and absolutley no knock. So I have kinda been babying it so I would not get any knock. The problem with this is a don't have a data logger so I can't log it to see what it is doing. So I reverted back to maybe the injectors being bad, so I replaced the injectors with known good 550s and it did the same thing. Then I thought maybe my walbro was going out so I replaced it with my stock pump and the same exact thing happens everytime. It seems like at lower boost say 8 to 10lbs it knocks like crazy! And when I floor it and get it to 16lbs it just barley climbs up one bar on the knock gauge. Any ideas or help would be awesome! (Also I have no fuel contoller just the keydiver chip) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

AnotherNewb

Check you knock sensor and make sure the goo hasn't melted out.

Ok will do, but the engine and the knock sensor were new about 3000 likes ago

Are you sure that the base timing is set to 5* BTDC, as checked with a timing light as per the VFAQ?

gmp

hey man i have a logger you could use if you'd like

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned