The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

maf-t tuning question

speedyvr4

I've been running the maf-t for a few months and have begun to see it's shortcomings.first my setup. Small 16g,510 cc injectors 3" maf, w/ supporting mods. for one the tunning isn't on the fly so resetting the ecu to see if you got the fuel trims right or anything else right is a PITA. I almost have the fuel trims down exept that the low fuel trim is at 139 %. I found that the car ran better setting the injector size to 530cc. but I'm just a little low on fuel in the low fuel trim, I've already added 10% fuel and it's still high up there in fuel trims at idle but is dead on at 2000 rpm.Anyways, i can fugure out the fuel trims... I just need a little more time to tinker with it. my question is, can anyone better explain how the MID tuning setup works? i just don't understand the concept in the instruction manual. I feel it's very vauge. My car is going open loop right now at about 60 % tps, i know factory is around 80 %.
so do I add fuel or take away? I'm currently boosting 15-17 psi, have no boost/vacuum leaks and doesn't usually knock on wot pulls.o2 sensor is good and relativly new. any help would be great.

Stock a GVR-4 actually goes openloop at 40-45% TPS, but it varies greatly with rpm.

speedyvr4

great, that clears up alot. thanx. I guess the mid is pretty close then. I guess I'll just go wot tunning once my fuel trims are in order. thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned