The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

closed throttle switch?

adamvr4

I looked at pics of other throttle body's that have the closed throttle switch but i don't have one on mine. Do i have a different throttle body or a different year throttle body? Do i actually need one? Here are some pics of mine. Also i found the plug wire tied up.

Barnes

That's the wrong kind of throttle body. Yes, you need one, unless you have some kinda tuning computer or stand alone or something that doesn't need it. Without it on a stock ECU it will cause your idle to do all kinds of weird things.

Wizardawd

It looks like a 2g TB because of the reversed vac lines on the top and lack of CTS mount, but a 2gT TB has 4 ports, not 3. So maybe a later model Mitsu motor, maybe a 3s TB? And later Mitsu's got rid of the separate CTS and integrated it into the TPS (hence the missing pin in the 1g TPS).

Wiz

broxma

If it is a 1.8 NT motor it would neck down inside to a much smaller size. I thought the 1.8 NT TB's still had the flange to mount the accordion intake pipe and not the separate metal elbow. My guess is Hyundai. The Hyundai TB's didn't all have a closed plate switch, some just had an adjustable screw with a spring which would set the plate closed position angle.

/brox

How many wires come out of your TPS? If its a newer 4-wire, the idle-position switch is integrated into it, between pins 3&4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizardawd

Keydriver: you mean TPS right?

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned