The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Electrical gremlin

What are the symptoms of a bad ECTAS? I tried searching but it's got me no where. We are having problems trying to track down a problem with a GVR4. It's got no window power, no blower motor, no dome lights, and no brake lights.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
How much of the shop's diagnostic charge do we get paid if we solve it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Seriously, not sure the brake lights are tied in to ETACS unless they operate with the alarm. Don't remember for sure on that one.

Hahaha, sorry Iceman, this is our shop car... no money to be made here. We are trying to get it up and running now that the race season is upon us.

Hertz

Staff member
I believe brakes and instrument cluster illumination are connected as a safety measure. I suspect that you have an accessory power problem, but don't expect that to pass through to the brakes. I'm guessing that you're just missing a connection at the fusible link.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Brakes have a constant power supply (they will go on even with the car off). Illumination is usually tied in to the taillights which also go on with the power off on most cars too.

I see this is almost 4 years old but does anyone know what would cause this? im so close to driving this car this is my last problem. I downloaded the pdf galant manual and went through it for hours tonight.
still cant find the problem. Any help would be appreciated

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned