The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust Temp

AnotherNewb

How hot do you think a 2g exhaust manifold with a stock 14b gets? I have a powder coating kit on the way and I was browsing eastwoods web site and found a powder coat with a max temp of 1000 degrees. TIA

rgeier11

Close to 1400*. I do not think that coating will be enough.

AnotherNewb

Thats what I figured. Just found some rated at 2000 degrees. Might try that. Its just really going to suck if I TRY and FAIL, then I'm going to have a mess to try and undo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. Can't wait to get this powder coat gun. Its the sears airless one. I have all the stuff to fininsh the FMIC on 1947 and I plan on PC'ing all the pipes and the valve cover to match. Then maybe the intake mani and every bracket I can get my hands on, the steering wheel, the seats, powder coat the headliner..... Now i'm getting carried away.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif better get some sleep.... I wonder what the slide of one of my glocks would look like powder coated chrome?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts