The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tranny issue

I just finished a trans install in an evo 9 MR. We converted the car to 5 speed, and put in a fresh rebuilt trans. I am not too sure as to what the problem could be but I doubt its clutch related. The car shifts ok while driving, but at a stop it's pretty tough to get into any gear. I have checked and the clutch engages fine, and the slave has been bled. I also put a new disks in the twin disk so it is fine.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Aren't the shifter and cables different? Were they all swapped?

Yup they are different. We swapped those and the trans is full, 2.6quarts.

belize1334

Check your disengagement ala the JacksTrans method. Put the car up on jackstands to get all four wheels off the ground. Put it in 1st and then put the clutch to the floor. Rev the engine up until the wheels start to spin. If this happens below ~6k rpm then your clutch isn't fully disengaging.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts