The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

saikoumichi.com catch can

Thinking of ordering one of these bad boys for #261 but there is no standard configuration
for the galant. Below is what he came up with unless I want bigger nipples and a different
orientation for said nipples. I am thinking of putting it where my battery use to be located.
Please tell me what you think, should I stick with this standard setup or go with bigger and
or different orientation of the nipples.
Thanks...

SleepinGVR4

I run the "standard" set up and it works great. No need to change anything. If you checked out saikou michi's website you would of seen that they will build you a custom one for your needs.

Last edited:

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
I run the "standard" set up and it works great.No need to change anything.
If you checked out saikou michi's website you would of seen that they will build you a custom one
for your needs.

Sean thanks for your input but as I stated above they havent done too many vr4's and so
there is no galant specific kit like some of the other applications. The whole point to my
question was to determine if anyone had used a different setup than the one I posted because
they do offer custom setups based on nipple size and orientation.
Thanks again anyways ordered.
Dunstan

SleepinGVR4

I run the dual one you have a picture of and I just found a place to mount it. I mounted mine down where the charcoal canister would of been. I think alot of the evo guys run the same one.

One can you need to run from the PVC valve to a vacuum source and the other can I ran from the breather on the side of the VC to a barb a have attached to my intake. Don't quote me on how I ran my vacuum lines I have to double check. But it really helps keep oil out of your intercooler piping and intake.

alansupra94

Interesting.

I am tempted to get one but I gotta decide if I am going to rock a green valve cover or a red valve cover. Green has a welded on -AN for a catch can setup, Red is stock.

We shall see.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned