The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does the fog/signal lights plug and play wit the jdm bumper?

raptorWagon

No, the foglight switch won't be plug n play, because on the JDM foglights there are two lights in one housing instead of just one like on the stock USDM lights. The lights will have to be manually wired up. Turn signal lights will also have to be moved to the corners, if you get a JDM bumper.

Proper grammar and spelling will see better responses to your questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif.

fuel

Quoting raptorreed:
No, the foglight switch won't be plug n play, because on the JDM foglights there are two lights in one housing instead of just one like on the stock USDM lights. The lights will have to be manually wired up. Turn signal lights will also have to be moved to the corners, if you get a JDM bumper.

Proper grammar and spelling will see better responses to your questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif.

Not quite.

There are two styles of fog lamps and bumpers you get on the JDM Galants - prefacelift and facelift. Now the actual bumper skin itself is the same, but the metal frame support behind it is different between pre-facelift and facelift as the fog lamps are a different shape behind the surface.

The pre-facelift fog lamps simply have one pair of fog lamps on the inside and a pair of indicators on the outside, like so:

105176304_full.jpg

The corner lamps are similar to your USDM lamps in the way they have two sets of small bulbs, one for parker lights and one for indicator repeater lights.

The facelift fog lamps are the ones which have two sets of fog lamps like so:

newfront2.jpg

The outer projector style lamps come on when you flick the fog lamp switch, but if you have the headlamps switched on and on high beams the outer pair of fog lamps will switch off and the inner pair of fog lamps will switch on, they basically act as a second set of high beam lights.

Facelift cars then have the parker lights relocated to the headlamp housings and the indicator lamp takes up the whole corner lamp and there is now no repeater lamp.

fuel

some people wire up one set of the spotlamps to use as indicators when fitting the facelift lamps/bumper to pre-facelift cars. But you would have to use an orange coloured lower wattage bulb, you don't want 55W of bright white light coming from the indicators haha.

Yea your right i figure i use the outer lights as fogs and the inner as the indicator i went thru hell to find the bumper and the fogs thanx again

Also i wanted to noe the bulb size if its still h3 for fogs jus like the usdm bumper

alansupra94

Nah I got USDM. I want to get a JDM bumper and JDM fogs. They look real nice.

I am more focused on getting the car running now then looks. Later on I will be tackling this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raptorWagon

Quoting awdrick89:
Also i wanted to noe the bulb size if its still h3 for fogs jus like the usdm bumper

Well that depends on if you're talking the facelift fogs or the pre-facelift fogs, I'm not sure if the signal lights in the pre-facelifted lights are H3s, I know the ones in my facelift fogs are though.

fuel

Yep H3s for both fog lamps themselves on pre-facelift and facelift, but the indicator portion on the pre-facelift uses the same single filament 21W bulbs as the corner indicator lamps on the facelift indicators or the same as the indicator and reverse lamps on the tail lights.

raptorWagon

That's what I meant, I figured the foglight in those were the same, but wasn't sure about the outer indicator lights on the pre-facelift ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned