The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wideband sensor location

So where in the exhaust track is your wideband sensor located.
My welder/fabricator wants to put it in the exhaust under the car
before the cat/testpipe. I say it should go right in the Dp closer
to the turbo/o2 housing what do you think or doesnt it matter. This
is an aem uego wideband instructions just say at a 10 degree angle in
exhaust before cat not specific on location though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

brisvr4

I put mine just in front of the firewall. It's an AEM as well and has lived there happily for over 2 years now.

Its supposed to be at least 30 inches from the o2 housing i believe...I can't remember exactly though

prove_it

You want your sensor a bit further downstream due the the high amount of heat the turbo generates. No sensor likes high heat. I mounted mine under the car right in front of the firewall also. It's pretty much right behind the T-case and clocked at 1:00 in relation of the pipe. I would agree with where your fabricator wants to locate it. You'll still have a good signal, just remember that there is a slight delay, but it's not too much. Most tuners can compensate for the delay.

Ok thanks guess I will leave it there just got some new toys
on a side note lsp mbc, boostpro boost leak tester and 1glink
dsm logger.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scientist

I'm running mine in the stock O2 location. I'm running DS-Map which uses the wideband for closed loop.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts