The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

the car keeps dieing

I'm having problems driving. I'm not sure how to explain this so bare with me. When I'm driving and go to shift and let the rpms drop the car wants to die and sometimes does. Then if driving and just put the car in nuetral the will car die. So today I checked over everything on the car made sure I didnt have any vaccum leaks zip tied everything. I put on a hks bov today. Cause the last bov had a little hole on the back so it would let out alittle air and I thought that maybe the problem. But it still dies and I don't know why.

deez

Welcome to the world of Mitsubishi, have fun. I've been fighting a similar problem for over a year.

broxma

Cars usually die due to lean conditions. Generally this is due to non metered air getting into the system past the MAF seonsr. First things to check are, would you be venting your BOV to atmosphere? Have you pressure tested the intake tract at the turbo inlet? Have you cleaned or tested your ISC motor? Generally checking these three things will locate the cause of the problem. I recently had a voltage issue which was causing my car to die but it was unique to the wiring I had done for the alternator relocation. I do suspect that the open BOV had something to do with it although it was most likely a combination of the two.

One thing to do when you do the intake pressure test is get a spray bottle with a small amount of soap and spray it on places that could leak such as the injector seals, TB area and the mating surface at the intake manifold.

The other reason I can think of a car dying off throttle is severely low compression as was the case with my 1972 Pontiac LeMans.

/brox

The bov is recirulated. I've never cleaned the isc motor or did a pressure test. I guess those things are next on my list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned