The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hyundai Valve Cover Gasket Grommets, Where Can I Get Them?

Chim55117

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my cracked valve cover for a beautiful wrinkle red Hyundai cover done by Primo Performance. I have it on with the new gasket kit, but I can't seem to find the "grommets" that sit below the longer studs/hardware that come with the valve cover.

Nate Crisman,
I know you have the same valve cover (I had mine done like yours because I liked it so much) and was wondering how or what you use for these grommets.

Thanks in advance!

Street Surgeon

I bet you can get them from a Hyundai dealership /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtis

Yes there hyundai parts. I actually had hyundai stepped bolts with the grommets on mine and sold a shaved cover and the hardware got lost in shipment and I haven't looked since for a set. Need to run by the dealer one day and see what year make and model the bolts came from.

broxma

I just used a longer bolt and a washer. The bolts aren't shoulder bolts but it doesn't matter. They center when you torque them down and the VC has no place to go. I did have the Hyundai specific VC gasket however.

b49oa1.jpg

Not the best shot, but I just used stainless bolts with stainless washers. Even with the crinkle coat, the washers keep the bolt from ripping the paint off.

/brox

strokin4dr

I need to order the gaskets for mine. Which year and model did these valve covers come on??

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned