The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wastegate issue

The_Big_Weave

Can the diaphragm in a wastegate go bad? I have a wastegate I pressure tested and the air blew right out of it. what can I do to fix this?

pmp285

seals inside might have broken off. same thing happened to my friends evo5... he just bought a new WG

Last edited:

Does the diaphram have holes or torn? If not replace the fittings and try again. Just got done dealing with what sounds like a similar issue. Aluminum fittings and gaskets that came with WG did not seal proper so I used 1/8 brass pripe with a nipple on it and held enough pressure to open.

talon

Is your wastegate a cheap ebay brand or Tial? If its Tial or an ebay version of Tial, then you can buy replacement parts. click

You will have to email Tial for prices. I dont know where else you can buy parts for them at.

The only thing I cheaped out with on my setup was the WG. Yes, it is an ebay knockoff. But I have yet to see one that didnt work. You can test it with a simple hand pump. I used my penis pump.

91GVR4#479

Just to let you know, I'm a Urologist and I've prescribed and seen penile vacuum pumps used in what i thought were just about all the ways possible......but this is a new one for me.

Do the best with the tools at hand right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts