The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

is this a probelm (oil cooler install)

turbophein

i got a summit tranny/oil cooler for free with 8ft of -6an line and fittings already connected. i bought the oil filter housing adapters and they go to -8an fitting, so i bought the reducers from -8an to -6an. is this going to be a problem with oil pressure or anything? all that was there when i bought the housing was a looped 6" hose, no cooling at all.

thanks

Terry Posten

You don't want to go below -10 if you can help it. I would not even concider -6.

That is too small. (in my opinion)

turbophein

thanks for the post, i was looking at the aftermarket kits they seem to be -8an?

Polish

My friend has been running -6an on his Oil Cooler for years, I did -8an on mine and also never had an issue.

All the kits I've ever seen come with either -6an or -8an as well.

Using smaller lines isn't going to hurt anything because not all of the oil goes through the oil cooler, only part of it does, the rest just bypasses the cooler and goes to the engine. That's why the factory can use banjo bolts with a small passage for the oil and not starve the engine. However, bigger lines are beneficial because they reduce the restriction, allowing a larger volume of oil to go through the cooler.

1qkfwd

Ive always used -6 on my cars. The factory 90 cooler lines are very close to that size now.

turbophein

perfect, i will get that all wrapped up tomorrow along with a couple other things and maybe i can get her running again. a bunch of new stuff, we'll see...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts