The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Got the oil light fixed. Now I got another problem.

So i did a oil change and now the oil light is on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. Has anybody esle had this problem? Do I need to reset it or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

autobahntom

Pulled the sending unit wire off? or it broke off? or the sending unit itself ($15 at pepboys) went bad. Very common Mitsubishi problem.
Tom

Thanks for the fast reponse and another problem I'm having is when I'm driving and come to a died stop the car dies. But if you tap the gas then it won't die. Anybody have any suggestion on this?

Yeah It's recirculated. But on the back of the bypass valve it does have two little slots where it let's out alittle air. Before it would only die if you got on it hard and then came to a stop. But last night everytime I came to a stop it would die.

So I checked the idle switch seemed to be working. Then today I go to drive it and it's starts sputtering and dieing. You press on the gas and it go's nowhere just dies and let it cool off and then you can start it and it will run for alittle bit and then die again. I had no idea what was wrong with it. So I got on here and did a search. Then found out and it could be the fuel pressure regulator or the mass could be dirty. I bought a 2g mass with the honey comb cut out awhile back off of tooners and when I got it found out that I already had one in my car. So after reading that stuff on here. I figured I'd give it a shot and it worked it also fixed the rpm dropping when you come to a stop. I'm so dam happy my car is running good again.

mooserage

Staff member
Nice fix! And thanks for reporting it. Perfect example of the power of The Search haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Hopefully you can enjoy the car again for a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts