The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Really Bad Vibration

The_Big_Weave

I have a really bad vibration that is not tranny of diff related. When I rev my car a little past 2.5k it shakes horribly, and then goes away around 4.5k. I just rebuilt the motor, and I dont remember if i got the oil pump B/S belt lined up would this cause this? Also when I drive the car and go into the vibration and then let off the whole car shakes and I can here it travel down my exhaust. I also have 150k on my motor mounts could that be the problem? Also when it does this I get 43 counts of knock till it goes away.

Last edited:

Barnes

Do you still have your balance shafts installed? If so, your belt alignment is probably the problem.

prove_it

is that my old bottom end?

if so I'm glad it's running!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts