The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Would this cause a boost leak?

Brunoboy

Hey guys, I noticed the bolt That goes into the tb to the intake mani has a crack on the end where it's in the mani, just wondering if it leaks air through there, it's a pretty big crack and idk how that happened.

Brunoboy

The Ed of the bolt that's inside the mani is cracke on te end, pics will be taken, it's just bothering me to think I maybe overlooked this the whole time

Nartanian

You can do a boost leak test. Otherwise if you have a boost gauge, check where the vacuum sits. Perhaps go WOT and see if there are any hiccups through the rpm band. If there is, that could possibly suggest there is a leak. Or just wait a bit till someone posts the answer.

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting brunoboy:
The Ed of the bolt that's inside the mani is cracke on te end, pics will be taken, it's just bothering me to think I maybe overlooked this the whole time

wait, so the BOLT is cracked? or is the manifold cracked where the bolt is threaded in?

Brunoboy

Manifold is cracked not the bolt

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned