The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turboing my N/A GSR

hey guys
After blowing up my eterna zr4 lol i got my hands on a GSR galant. im going to turbo the n/a motor. i need to know your thoughts. i want to do a custom setup for turbp, what turbo should i use for a street/drag car. keeping in mind im using a TN model Magna gearbox for the higher gearing.
cheers guys
Ryan

1990ggsxnj

PM Sent. Are you going to be keeping the N/T pistons? What compression does the GSR engine run? I would go 13 or 14b max with N/T pistons. The boost that the N/T can handle does not compare to that of a Turbo engine with the stronger/appropriately offset pistons and that's only on the US Spec 9.0/1 compression engine. I would "guess" the power to be around 165 - 180. If 10.0/1 compression, I would not even risk it.

Last edited:

mooserage

Staff member
Quoting crankwalk:
What did you learn from blowing up your factory turbo car?

Maybe that a good tune is the key to making strong reliable power without breaking parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just my guess to answer the question. But I think that these guys are trying to say that you can do this project and make power, etc. But, if you don't have a proper tune to handle the higher compression along with all of the supporting parts it will be a very short expensive project. Good luck with it.
-shamus

Last edited:

im changing pistons for turbo pistons and rebuilding the motor. the only thing missing will be the oil squirters pretty much. im just gonna run with the big 16g that should be fun enough.

brisvr4

Why wouldn't you just rebuild the motor for the ZR4? Any pictures of it?
I didn't know there was another real ZR4 in Brisbane?

i sold it when i blew it up. i did the rings in and couldn't afford to fix it lol i got pics eh.

brisvr4

Man, If I ever meet you remind me to kick you in the ass HARD for selling that car!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Actually a few of us are heading out to Willowbank on May 8th for a drag night, you are more than welcome to come say hi if you like.

i do regret selling it it was awesome eh i built it from stock to make 160kw at all four. i dol it to my uncle he is 4g tuner.

1990ggsxnj

Quoting ownenvr4:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned