The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Maybe a stupid thought maybe not

Terrance362

A while ago I got a 1.6 motor and I got the crank out of it and it is in good condition, but my question is when you put a 1.6 crank(4g61) in a 2.0 block(4g63) will that increase the revs. I guess it would be de-stroking a motor. What do u guys think?? Stupid or not. Might be worth it with a 20g or big 16g

broxma

I know this happens in the Honda world but more for a very high rev NA application with high (14,15 to 1) compression pistons. It has application but I don't know if doing this would help make more power. Given the experimental nature of 4G63 owners over the years, I would wager if it did, it would have been done and be common.

Just my .03

/brox

Barnes

Other point: Sure high revs make power, but can you actually shift with those high RPMs?

Terrance362

I guess it would depend on the compression and the amount of boost you were running. When you de-stroke a motor you are just making more room in the cylinder. If you were to put some weird compression ratio and good gas and a bit of boost it just might work. Maybe a small ball bearing turbo would do great because it would not take any time to spool and you could have the power when it really counts.

I thought a little bout it while I was at work. Maybe maybe not. When shifting that just kinda throws me off. I guess the compression would just have to be kinda high.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts