The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine harness - which wire is this?

moduleunknown

In the attached picture, is the single (circled) blue wire w/black stripe for the coolant temp guage or coolant temp switch?

I ask because there's another single wire connector (yellow/green) in that area, and either could plug in both locations.

I'm unsure since the harness on my GVR4 was fried in that area and hacked up (original connectors gone) by a previous owner. The harness is currently out of the car and I've repaired all of the wiring in that area using a good section of harness from a 1G, but the 1G harness only had one single wire plug in that area vs. the two for the GVR4.

EDIT: That's not my harness in the pic, just one I found on dsmpartout.com that I was referencing.

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Your orphan wire (black/blue) goes to the single pin temp sender at the rear of the stat housing

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned