The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Possible power steering problems?

alansupra94

Well I noticed when going into 4th gear there seems to be a very decent humming sound. It goes away when I start turning to the right but comes back as soon as I am straight and/or turning to the left. Fluid levels look fine.

Any ideas?

Lancer99

How fast are going? Do you know where the noise is coming from like from frontend, rearend, or underneath you? Just a couple of questions because I kind of had the same issue but once the noise got louder in 4th gear, it turned out to be the rear diff. going out. My problem also at times went away when I turned too, either left or right. You may also want to chack rear diff. and the transfer case fluids, just in case. If im wrong on all this others will delete it, correct me, or tease me.

alansupra94

I will have to double check in a bit....car basically crapped itself and i am going to rebuild it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts