The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Iac issues!!!!! Volt tester

adamvr4

I bought a volt tester, can someone send me a link where I can find out how to test my iac motor?

adamvr4

i tested the isc and it said on vfaq that it should read 28-33 ohms but when i did mine it read 38-40 ohms. Is that ok or is that bad?

1990ggsxnj

I tested my black 1g ISC (GGSX) and got 38 ohms so right in the same 40 ohm ballpark. Replaced with a known working 1g which tested at 31 ohms and now my idle is high. Am curious here as well regarding the high resistance during testing.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting adamvr4:
i tested the isc and it said on vfaq that it should read 28-33 ohms but when i did mine it read 38-40 ohms. Is that ok or is that bad?

That's fine. You're looking for more around 0 ohms (There is a short and this will blow out ICs on your ECU) or infinite ohms (a coil doesn't have continuity and the motor won't work).

MitsuDriver274

What problems are you having with the car?

stevep

Anything below 10 ohms is likely going to toast the Driver.
Make sure the IPS is working and remember that you will have to readjust the BISS when you change the ISC. Sometime people lose or forget to replace the o-ring when then work on the ISC and cause a leak.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned