The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

drive shart vibration

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifOk so last summer I brought my g to the 1320 and made some passes, well on my last pass I launched really hard and after my run I felt a funny vibration in my drive train. W e lifted my car up and discovered that the front u joint was broke in half. My dad and I replaced it and the other two u joints, reinstalled it and it vibrates at 45-60 mph. I took it back out and brought it to a driveshaft shop so they could balance it. They told me that they got it asbest they could. I installed it again and its still doing it. I know alot of you big power guys have had this happen to them. Could it be the driveshaft is bent..? or the mounts on the car are bent? I was told awile back that there are one piece driveshafts for our cars. Anyone know about these?
Thanks
409/2000

I am having the same problem. I was about to start trying to fix it so any info would be great.

1qkfwd

Double check all the joints to make sure they move freely. Another thing to look at, check to see that they are centered in the yoke. I don't know what u-joints you used but the factory mitsu ones come with different thickness c-clips. The last thing to look at it to make sure the carrier bearings don't have alot of slop, and make sure the lobro joint moves freely.

As for the one pc, drive shaft shop make a replacement for the front two shafts. They don't make a replacement for the last section. The last section with a factory u-joint is very very strong.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned