The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

oil filter relocation

vtecds1

I was wondering what kind of oil filter relocation kit that you guys recommend. Here's a couple from summit . And here's a cheaper priced one from JC Whitney . Any others that you guys are running? Also, are there any difference in the years that I should buy? I know my 92TSI had a smaller filter than my VR4.

My main reason on buying one is that my wastegate dumps onto my dp flange(not my cross member as I previously posted).he only place I can re route, is where my of is located. But the tube would be hitting the filter.

vtecds1

I checked that thread out and went to Summit to see grocery getter`s choice. I was tempted to order it, but I wasn't really sure because they didn't list the part for our cars and he ordered it 3 yrs ago. They might of changed some things. Well, I took the leap and ordered it anyway. I just hope it still works out. Thanks...

1990ggsxnj

Let us know how it goes! Pics would be great if you can. I've been looking at an alternative filter home for some time now.

Last edited:

G

Staff member

vtecds1

Got it today...The problem I`m having now is tracking down the 90degree fitting. My local Ace and Home Depot doesn't carry it but Grainger does...at a whopping $18 each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Looks like I`m going have to order online again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned