The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fans always on

I searched through almost every thread with no solid answers. Mainly I need to know the 2 wire colors to the stock fan, the resistance values of the sensor in the radiator and the sensor resistance value for the sensor at the top of t-stat housing. The previous owner swapped in a talon 6bolt so things may be a tad different.

Im running a slimline fan and its always on when the ignition is on, so is the A/C fan. The slimline is wired; blue to blue, black to black? thats how it came is that correct? The single wire sensor on the back of the Tstat housing is hooked up and my logger shows proper temp, and the dash reads proper temp. Here are a couple pics.

The sensor on top in the pic has no resistance value at any temp, what is spec ohm at operating temp? the sensor on the radiator reads OL no matter what temp.

Also what does the white plug goto in the 2nd pic?

4436164695_10f494727c_b.jpg

4436164785_87abddf721_b.jpg

autobahntom

The white plug goes to another coolant sensor on the t-stat housing. If the housing isn't from a turbo car, it may have a plug instead of a sensor.
The white plug in the top pic is used for the A/C. If the car gets too hot that sending unit will turn off the a/c and turn the fans on-which sounds like your problem. A bad sending unit.
Tom

The sensors I have on the tstat are; ecu sensor, single wire sensor on back, and A/C sensor on top. Your saying I should have a fourth sensor? The plug that is dangling is not long enough to reach the tstat housing which would make me believe it is for something else.

Do you know what the resistance value should be for the A/C sensor? The fan runs whether it is plugged in or not, I can also pull the a/c fan relays and it will still run. the only way to kill the a/c fan is to pull the fuse.

Nabeel

The second Pic shows the resistor plug. Which is not there. I am not sure about your problem but this resistor supposed to control the speed of the fan. The switch (sensor) at the radiator under the fan should turn ON/OFF fans when reach certain temp.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts