The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

code 25 solutions

vtecds1

I recently replaced my 2gmas with another one because it was throwing the barometric code(25). I was hoping that it would fix it, but I guess not. I went ahead and pulled my ECU out to see if there was anything going on in there, but everything seems to look ok. I took some pics for you guys to see just in case I missed something. I`m thinking the only other problem might be the connector(plug and play harness) for the mas...but I could be wrong. Is there anything else I can do to try and solve the problem? The first time it came on, was when I backed out the plug on the 1st 2gmas I had on(which was 5yrs ago). But before that, It worked fine.

Muskrat

Step 1: Use a logger to see what your getting for a signal. My guess is nothing.

Step 2: Confirm continuity in the signal and ground wires.

Step 3: If wire's show continuity, check pin connections on both ends.

I was throwing codes once because the pin for my sensor ground in the ecu wasn't making contact. with the connector. Putting a new pin in the connector solved the issue.

Brunoboy

i threw codes like that, it eventually turned into hella codes, which was fixed by replacing the ecu......try that.

vtecds1

Muskrat...pm sent

Brunoboy- That`s probably going to be my last resort as there is not a lot of members that live by me to try and do a quick swap. I do have an extra 2gmas plug, but I`m trying to see if I`m overlooking something simple before I start to hack things up.

Brunoboy

it could be damage to the board, mine didnt smell, and i just thought it was a fluke i would throw a code, then i got air flow, barometric, coolant temp, tps, and all that, i switched it out, and it was fine. Good Luck.
-Shane

vtecds1

I think I should try this out first... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I`m still confused on which wire this one is as the previous owner was a hack job. Looking through vfaq, it seems to be #4 (5V power supply for sensors). I dont know if that has something to do with the barometric sensor. I`m crossing my fingers that this solves me headache!!!

Muskrat

99.9% yes.

Solder those connections. Crimp fittings suck.

Last edited:

vtecds1

I soldered the wire and let her idled for about 10 mins. Nothing came on, so I decided to take her out for a test drive around the block. I plugged the logger in and there was finally activity in the baro department after 5 yrs.

Problem solved!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Thanks for the help fellas...

Last edited:

vtecds1

One more thing...what are the barometric readings that show up in your logger? Mine says 97 and is stuck at that number. Is it suppose to change while driving?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned