The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Renewing Transmission Fluid.?

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone has changed the trans fluid and could give me a few pointers where to start?

I assume a plug will be on the bottom of the gearbox and ill need something to actually get the oil in from below as well?

Ive done it plenty on my previous 8g vr4's but not the 6g yet!

Thanks

Scott

grocery_getter

Drain plug 24mm, fill plug 17mm.

Make sure you can open the fill plug first before you open the drain plug.

Last edited:

CarRacer

Both are located on the forward facing part of the tranny. Drain is on the lower passenger portion, it's a big ass bolt and hard to miss. Fill plug is near there, higher up and more towards the drivers side. VFAQ should have a picture of that.

Buy a hand pump for the gear lube bottles, it makes filling it a hundred times easier. I bought mine from the parts store for $6 American and it's worth every penny.

Edit: VFAQ write up.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned