The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fan questions - Stock setup - AC FAN / RAD FAN wiring

bazeng

Hi Guys.

Just a quick test for you guys.

I've wired up some aftermarket fans to my Brothers GALANT AMG. Now I haven't changed anything except for the fans.
So they are both running off the stock car loom.

Now, I just want to know what happens when you guys turn on your Air Con.

With the AMG, it just starts up the radiator fan (drivers side). The passenger side fan doesn't do anything.

I tested this on another Galant (JSPEC 88 model). It did the same thing. Drivers side one.

I tested this on another Galant (ASPEC 91 model). It fired up both fans.

So can you guys test this out and post up your results. I'm curious to know why / how.

Also the resisitor box, is it used to reduce the speed of the fan? I've tried by passing the resistor box on the Condensor fan without any change. The thing still doesn't run. I've measured the voltage but that didn't really help. I've yet to invistigate further. Any info would be great!

I also connected the stock ecu back into the car (currently testing with an aftermarket motec) and it changed nothing.

Please help!

Last edited:

BluFalcon

Both fans kick on when I use the A/C.

I just wired in a aftermarket Civic FAL fan for my car and wired it up just like the stocker. The only thing I did was bypass the resistor on the fan by removing the resistor, and connecting the two wires that go to the resistor together.

bazeng

I did the exact same thing.

I think I'm going to have to buzz the wires back to the ECU. I have a feeling that the ECU supplies 12v somewhere to a relay or something.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts