The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

high idle and steering

I purchased marty's old galant from sleeper mirage #34. The problem is is the car idles at 2000-3000. Tried turning in the B.I.S.C. screw no change. Anybody have the pin out for the I.A.C. I believe its the factory throttle body on a magnus smim. I also noticed that the EGR was diconnected but with no caps on the lines going in and out of it. Could this have anything to do with it?

The second problem I noticed when I drove the car home is that when on the highway at 75 mph and I turn medium sharp left hand turn it turns in fine to a certain point and then all of a sudden it turns sharper. The 4ws has been removed. The power steering belt waqs off when I picked it up. Could that have anything to do with this? I think mirage sleeper removed tthe power steering for less rotating weight and never added more fluid when he installed the reservior and pump back on. Like I said the belt is not installed at this point.

Muskrat

Check to make sure your TPS is set and reading correctly (use a logger, if you don't have one, get one). Also confirm you ISC motor is working correctly. You can find instructions on VFAQ.

It may benefit you to swap in a known good ECU, to make sure something isn't wrong with yours (this is what solved my idle problems).

Check for boost leaks.

When you adjusted the BISS did you ground the ign. timing adj. plug and pin 10 in the diagnostic port?

Last edited:

fuel

sounds like a possible vacuum leak.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned