The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone know how to set JDM Throttle TPS?

Hi ALL,
Do anyone know how to set a JDM throttle body TPS?
Appreciate your info. & help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif.

thanks.

belize1334

The simplest way to set any 4g63 TPS is with a datalogger. You just adjust the tps until the logger reads 10% with the throttle fully closed.

belize1334

Then I suspect it's gonna be the same procedure as listed on vfaq.com under "intake" -> "tps adjustment". The wiring harness for the jdm tps may look a little different, but the voltages are gonna be the same and it's still gonna come down to loosening the screws and moving the tps body till the resistance reads correctly.

Rausch

Quote:

Thanks for the info. But your link is for US version. Not JDM.

Quoting belize1334:
Then I suspect it's gonna be the same procedure as listed on vfaq.com under "intake" -> "tps adjustment". The wiring harness for the jdm tps may look a little different, but the voltages are gonna be the same and it's still gonna come down to loosening the screws and moving the tps body till the resistance reads correctly.

So have you even attempted to take that approach? Or do you for some reason think that the system is completely different? So far as I'm aware, its' not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

grocery_getter

Is the JDM TPS not held with 2 8mm bolts? How many pins inside the TPS connector? You loosen the bolts and move the TPS up or down to adjust TPS voltage. Its is a 5v sensor. Adjust TPS so it reads .5v or 10%. The connector should have 3 pins. +5v, ground and feedback to ecu. You can tap with a multimeter on the feedback wire signal back to ecu and adjust the tps till that line is at .5v with the key at the on position but engine not running.

As far as I know...JDM & US version are different. Please HELP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif.

Rausch

The procedure is the same. Please try that before continuing to ask for help.

belize1334

Quoting Rausch:
The procedure is the same. Please try that before continuing to ask for help.

My point exactly. The tps may not be the same model, but the approach should be the same. Use the vfaq and adapt the procedure to your slightly different tps.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting VR4s:
As far as I know...JDM & US version are different. Please HELP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif.

As far as everyone else knows that has commented, they are NOT different.

It is best to not set it by resistance, but by voltage. At idle you want to see .45-.55 volts on the TPS output wire to the ECU pin #19. Either tap into the wire at the ECU, or stick a pin or something into the wire at the TPS and adjust it for 0.50 volts.

stevep

The VFAQ is just plain wrong for all models. Unless you make voltage and resistance measurements on your car for the actual +5v sensor power, and your TPS, then do the math for calculating the resistances of the voltage divider, the factory tolerances are too wide to set the TPS to some generic resistance and have it be correct except by dumb luck.

Most "JDM" 4G63s that I've seen have a 90 style TB with 90 style TPS and other sensors. You still set them by the output voltage.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned