The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo 2 MAF & Evo 8 Injectors

Hi Guys

Now that I have my vr4 back im keen to do a little work on it..

I have a spare Evo 2 MAF & Evo 8 Injectors in the garage, are these a worthwhile addition to the vr4? The car currently has a big 16g and emanage installed if that helps.

The car currently just has a K&N filter, but 'feels' quite restricted.. any advice on what I need and how hard it is to do would be apprecaited. While im no mechanic, im not too bad overall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Help appreciated guys!

Scott

Brunoboy

I know Evo VIII Injectors are useful lol. I have them in my car.

HHIVR4

Does the car still have factory exhaust system?If so get a 2.5 or 3in made up and you will see a huge difference in response and performance.

Isn't the EVO 2 MAS what we call a "2G MAS"? The good #609? If so, it is a great upgrade. Much less restrictive, and good for 425 wheel HP.

If your running stock now, I'd definitely upgrade. Get yourself a pigtail harness, and go with it

Hi guys

Still stock MAF and intake..

I was going to remove the can, but I assume ill need a new filter as the current one is held in by the can?

I suppose if changing to the Evo 2 MAF, then ill need an Evo 2 filter and adapter anyway?

HHIVR4

You can use the 3000gt vr4 k&n filter setup I beleive the filter is bigger than the standard DSM k&n cone filter..Im not %100 sure on that though.

Edit:You'lll have to make or buy a 2g style intake pipe.

img.php

Last edited:

Yes, you will need to remove the aircan and install a 2G/3000GT air filter assembly. Or, Dejon makes a nice cheap adapter to let you use your 1G K&N filter.
How do you plan on compensating for the 25% lower airflow Hz from that MAS?

Sounds like he needs some bigger injectors (550cc), and a chip from keydiver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

As above, I have Evo 8 injectors and the car has Emanage currently running...

Id wait till I have all the parts and re-tune

Could I add an Evo 2 K&N basically in the same position as stock, or do you think it would be wise to get an intake pipe also?

Would I then need to move the battery, or will the intake pipe just move the filter closer to the front of the car?

Sorry to ask so many questions guys, im far more used to 8g vr4s

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned