The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Central Locking question..

Hi guys...

Not long had my vr4 back but noticed that only the drivers door opens with the key, but the button operates all locks..

Car is a 1988 JDM, I assume this isnt correct?!

Anyone had this issue before, or guide me to a solution?

Much appreciated

Scott

Terry Posten

The driver side lock has a switch on the back side. Take the lock/switch out and clean it with some electrical contact spray cleaner and then re-lube the lock mechanism.

Make sure that the lock barrel fits back in the hole of the door tight and does not twist around when you turn the key.

Most of the time, that will fix it.

If your lock assembly twists inside the door when you try and unlock it, some times that turning does not allow the switch on the back side to turn far enough to trigger all the doors to unlock but does allow the lever to unlock the driverside door.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned