The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g radiator Install

turbophein

i am pretty sure this is possible but i can't seem to find any links??? i search just radiator throughout the whole forum and saw nothing...

can i buy the 1g cx racing radiator and bolt it in? i know the thermostat housing would need to be swapped, rad mounts made, maybe even the hoses changed. anything else i should worry about?

i do have A/C and all the other creature comforts... except a sunroof /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

talon

I know the 1g radiator isnt as tall as the GVR radiator. You will need to some how pickup the radiator and fill in the space at the bottom.

Here in the near future I'm going to be doing this because I have a 1g KOYO radiator out of my last DSM I'm gonna use.

i have a 1g radiator in my car. i dont have ac so i just pushed it up under the front upper cross member. it fits good and tight plus it makes more room in front of the engine.

turbophein

Quoting talon:
I know the 1g radiator isnt as tall as the GVR radiator. You will need to some how pickup the radiator and fill in the space at the bottom.

Here in the near future I'm going to be doing this because I have a 1g KOYO radiator out of my last DSM I'm gonna use.

perfect, it should be easy enough to make some spacers. i really want to clean up the engine bay.

turbophein

Quoting darksideauto:
i have a 1g radiator in my car. i dont have ac so i just pushed it up under the front upper cross member. it fits good and tight plus it makes more room in front of the engine.

this is perfect for a big turbo setup you should post up a thread, but i am only using a evo III 16g and really want the nice aluminum radiator showing. thanks for the pic though

dsmless

dude I have a 1g mishimoto unit in my vr4, works greeat with a/c and a gt30 setup search my user name or 96/1000

524of1000

I have a 1g setup as well. You'll need a longer overflow line to the coolant overflow bottle, other than that, mine popped right in. Then again, My car tends to overheat, maybe because the 1g is lower than OEM? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Just thought of that right now...

turbophein

Quoting uncleben4rice:
car stays at 167 degrees...went to 178 once, takes forever to warm up..

uncle ben i still owe you some money, i sent you a pm a month or so ago, you never replied. hit me up through pm's

dsmless

My setup has never overheated even in arizonas 100+ degree weather I still use the stock puller fan and a slimline on the other side, only reaseon is that I wanted to run ac in the summer

I had the same problem as 524of1000..... overheating and I think the fans look the same size but the bolt holes are in a different spot? I had to use a dsm fan on the dsm radiator and galant fan on the galant one

havent had any over heat issues at all. but a 14" fal pulling(in the photo) and a 12" fal pushing on the front are perfect overkill.

524of1000

I have 2 12" slims pulling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Tre3zy

hey guys i see the civic radiator is great but you guys know how the stock radiator got that sensor in the bottom? is the civic one has that too or do i have to modify it?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned