The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Will Evo 9 Suspension work?

I tried searching for it but all the info was for evo 8 suspension. I know a lot of parts are interchangable between an evo 8 and 9, I was just wondering if evo 9 suspension will work the same as evo 8 suspension in a Galant vr4. I have a line on stock springs and struts with 18K on them for $200.

Thanks

What about after market coilovers for the 7-9 after making the bottom end adjustments?

My issues I'd have is the quality of D2 and K Sport, and the fact that JIC is insanely expensive and rust super fast.

I'm running kyb adjustables shocks all around,and espellir lowering springs in front, H&R in rear, Tein pillow ball mounts in front stocks in rear.
I like the ride, great for autocross.

raptorWagon

Quoting rost:
willn2speed,thats all from evo 9 right?Since the op asked about evo 9?

no, he is just stating what he has on his car as to the different setups that seem to have gotten mentioned in this thread.

prove_it

Quoting 91VR41030:
I tried searching for it but all the info was for evo 8 suspension. I know a lot of parts are interchangable between an evo 8 and 9, I was just wondering if evo 9 suspension will work the same as evo 8 suspension in a Galant vr4. I have a line on stock springs and struts with 18K on them for $200.

Thanks

8's and 9's are the same. You can use either one. The 9's MR had a better bilstein strut package though. Same mounts and same install procedure is needed. The EVO X is different, but not by much. I think there is someone on here working on figuring out if the X suspension can be used.

Diego

i got a set of E8's for free... im going to try em out.. i know Garfield sells the sets too..

Whoodoo

I've got evo X front struts/springs with Ksport camber plates ready to test fit. But, no car here in NY is delaying a confirmation. From the pictures I've seen, the evo X rears are too tall.

Come on Tyler... get that car up and running so we can test fit these things!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned