The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Overboosting after afpr install

TakumiJr

After the afpr install today the car is now overboosting past 25psi without the boost controller installed. Any help is greatly appericated..

Mods are

-Sleeper 16g
-FIC 850
-ECMlink V3
-SX afpr

onesickcrx

Is it possible that your vacume line too afpr is same that goes to wastegate? and if so its cracked or not hooked up any more?

TakumiJr

Quote:
Is it possible that your vacume line too afpr is same that goes to wastegate? and if so its cracked or not hooked up any more?

No, I also double checked and put a new vaccum lines also. It will only overboost in third gear also.

onesickcrx

well in that case sounds like wastegate doesnt open up soon enough or its to small

donniekak

Quoting TakumiJr:
Quote:

No, I also double checked and put a new vaccum lines also. It will only overboost in third gear also.

Impossible, if the only thing that changed was the afpr it is not possible for a fpr to affect boost, unless the vac lines were messed up.

onesickcrx

I thought about this last night the only other way other then vacuum line being the issue as I suggested before. If your car was so rich by over running the stock regulator it could have been holding the car back by flooding it and not allowing it to run smooth and make the correct boost level and fixing that may have made it over boost by making it run in a correct fuel curve.

Let us know what you come up with tho...

TakumiJr

Quote:
I thought about this last night the only other way other then vacuum line being the issue as I suggested before. If your car was so rich by over running the stock regulator it could have been holding the car back by flooding it and not allowing it to run smooth and make the correct boost level and fixing that may have made it over boost by making it run in a correct fuel curve.

Let us know what you come up with tho...

Thanks I believe you are right, because I was having a hard time starting the car up after leaving it overnight with the stock fpr.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts