The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Water Pump - Removal & Installation instructions????

Ok, so I have done the searches and checked the vfaq. Other than going by my book and doing the whole timing bit, is there a way to change the water pump without having to do the timing?

92 vr4
stock engine

I would like to sell the car but need to fix the WP before I even think about giving to someone else.

Thanks in advance for the help.

TRBODSM

Whenever I do a water pump on any of my cars I always replace the timing belt. I would take off the timing belt to do a water pump but I am not sure if you can use the timing belt tool(threaded tool) to get enough space to get the bolt that is right by the tensioner pulley. When was the last time it had the timing belt replaced?

I am guessing it has been a bit since the last one. The previous owner told me the engine had been rebuilt about 80k ago and I put about 5-10k on it... so about 90k ago would be my best guess.

TRBODSM

I would just replace the timing belt also. If you are taking all that stuff off to install a water pump might as well throw a new t-belt in it and not worry about the car breaking down.

suppose your right... the belt looks in good condition but I'm sure it would be worth replacing.

So is there any chance anyone has written up a break down on the removal and install of it?

Rausch

click

More or less everything you need to know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned