The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo lag issues! Please help!

turbofoxlx

Hello all, I'm having a weird lag issue with my new mhi e16g that you guy's might be able to help me with. Prior to the installation of my sbr mbc I was seeing max boost from the factory wg (approximately 9-11psi) at about 3000 rpm. This is where it gets weird, after I installed the mbc and setting it to about 16-18 psi it would still see the the same 9-11 psi by 3000 rpm and then hold pretty steady till about 5000 rpm and then slowly rise to max boost just before the limiter. I've tried messing with the tune and it has not changed this condition. The car seems to pull fine with no hesitation please let me know what you think.
My combo is as follows:
stock long block
evoIII 16g
sbr mbc
3" down pipe
2.5" exhaust - no cat or resonator
550cc rc injectors
255 intank
aeromotive afpr
maft & 3" gm mas
SAFC II
and a logger

Thank you,
Mario

Last edited:

Yeah a few year back when i had my 1G i had the same problem and it was from a boost leak and a crappy BOV

curtis

Do a boost leak test and check the t-body seals while your at it but sounds like the crappy stock BOV want hold

turbofoxlx

Sorry guys had to lend the g-ride to my old man while his truck gets repaired but was able to do a quick boost leak test before he took it.
There was a few small leaks detected- biss, front tb gasket, and my sbr mbc. I went to the mitsu dealer and ordered a new biss & o-ring, rubber cap for biss, and a new set of tb gaskets that should arrive tuesday. I should have the car this sunday or monday but on the bright side he had it waxed and put some tints on it for me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
would even very small leaks cause this?
Thanks,
Mario

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts