The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Repin connectors.

The piece of my engine harness that goes above the intake manifold and contains the injector, TPS and CAS wiring is baked to the point of disintegration. All the wires are rock solid all their entire length above the manifold, and need to be completely replaced. My plan was to buy new terminals and wire, and repin the connectors. Mitsubishi wants $975 for a new harness, and won't/can't sell terminals that will work with the sensors. I have tried Napa and CKS as well, and they don't have them. Does anyone have a source for new terminals? A better solution?

TylerAdamson

Unfortunately you won't find a supplier for terminals in small quantities. They all want you to buy in bulk (500+). Your best bet would to find someone that has rebuilt a harness and attempt to buy a handful of terminals. Same goes for the plugs.

I would recommend Rywire (builds custom harnesses for Hondas). He might have what you're in need of.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You can take your existing terminals, cutting them at the start of the wire and solder all new wire, or get connector ends with pigtails and do the same. I might have a few connectors if you show which ones you need.

This stuff is really hard to source like Tyler said. I had to buy terminals in a roll of 3000 for my harness making project.

moduleunknown

I have the same problem and then some. What I've ended up doing is scouring junkyards for 1g dsms with decent wiring and connecors and hacking off large sections of harness and splicing back into mine.

TylerAdamson

The problem with sourcing new plugs from 1g's in scrap yards is that the wiring in a lot of those is just as old. Maybe we could all get together and buy the correct pins and divide them out to members in need. I know I could use a few hundred for various wiring issues on 934.

misterfixit

they are made by mitsubishi wiring systems, or sumitomo.

Hyundai's and suzuki also use mitsubishi sourced injection systems. what you'll need is to have a good scour of a car to see where else the same series of connectors is used. If you could find a canter cabover track most of the wiring would be exposed to weather, and hence be of the same type of weather proofness.
from memory most jap injector connectors are interchangeable.

The CAS however as I said will need to find a similar family of plug.

general tip on wire hunting. Stay clear of locally produced cars, the supply chain and loom will be full of equivalents, here Toyota and nissan source all their wiring locally and its crap compared to the jap sourced supply into production.

Happy hunting.

Rich

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting 687OF2000:
The piece of my engine harness that goes above the intake manifold and contains the injector, TPS and CAS wiring is baked to the point of disintegration. All the wires are rock solid all their entire length above the manifold, and need to be completely replaced.

Good topic!

My car had the same problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Notice the white wire, that sumbitch is basted!

Just hanging a new connector on that wire would be foolish, as it would just break again, further upstream where the damage wouldn't be visible.

Quote:
My plan was to buy new terminals and wire, and repin the connectors.

Good wire is expen$ive, and hard to find.

Most auto parts store wire is actually inferior to what they used from the factory...

Quote:
I have tried Napa and CKS as well, and they don't have them. Does anyone have a source for new terminals

Finding the pins is also a problem I haven't seen a solution to. ?

Quote:
A better solution?

I took a few pics when I was bodging a few wires into my harness, and I will endevour to do a write up soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, after doing some research apparently the connectors and terminals still find use in jet plane applications.....Most likely prohibitively expensive. As far as the wire goes my plan was to source good supple wire from the interior of a car and re-purpose it into the engine bay, replacing as much of the bay wire as needed to replace all the stiff/damaged wire. Iceman- I assume you didn't use the stock terminals, and thus you don't have any spare ones to sell me? As far as the injectors go, I am just going to buy msd efi connectors. A set of 8 costs $25-ish bucks and has the connectors and terminals. Not junk yard pricing, but brand new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts